CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

星期二, 11月 15, 2011

JaME- Interview with INORAN


INTERVIEW - 11.12.2011 19:01
Author: Kay


INORAN shares his thoughts on LUNA SEA's charity concert, his new single Hide and Seek and his international plans.
INORAN和我們一起分享了他對LUNA SEA慈善義演、新單曲HIDE AND SEEK的想法,以及他往後的海外計畫。

© INORAN
A few days after LUNA SEA's charity concert we met up with INORAN to talk about his charity activities, recent solo releases and his ambitions for overseas countries. Dressed in a stylish outfit topped off by a black fedora hat, the artist kindly answered our questions.
LUNA SEA慈善義演過後沒多久,我們遇見了INORAN並且和他討論了慈善義演、最近的個人作品,以及他對發展海外的抱負。穿著有設計感的外套,帶著黑色的軟呢帽,這位音樂人很和善的回答著我們的問題。

First of all, what are your thoughts about the charity show you held with LUNA SEA?
首先,請告訴我們你對LUNA SEA舉辦慈善義演的想法?

INORAN: It was a fantastic concert and especially because it was for charity. The atmosphere was heartwarming and there was a feeling of unity.
INORAN:這是一場很美好的演出,特別是因為這是義演。氛圍很溫暖人心,感覺大家都團結在一起了。

Earlier this year, you set up a project making bracelets to help the victims of the earthquake. How did you come up with this idea?
年初的時候,你有一個手環的企劃,為了幫助地震的災民,這個點子是怎麼來的?

INORAN: Right after the earthquake, I felt I had to do something for the victims. At first I thought I wanted to do something as a musician, but at that time there was much chaos so it was difficult to distribute, produce downloads or even just to create music. I started to think of other ways, and I remembered Lady Gaga and other artists who had distributed goods. As Japanese companies were experiencing problems at the time, I asked my friend in Taiwan to make the bracelet after which it was distributed across Japan.
INORAN:在地震過後,我覺得我必須為災民做些什麼。最初,我想做一個音樂人會做的,但當時太混亂了,一時間很難去分配、製作、下載或單單創作音樂。我開始思考其他方式,然後我記起Lady Gaga和其他音樂人曾經發行商品。當時日本工廠有困難,所以我拜託在台灣的朋友幫忙製作手環,然後再寄回日本販售。

This month you released the single Hide and Seek, on which all the songs are in English. Why did you decide to do this?
這個月你發行了單曲” Hide and Seek”,裡面都是英文歌詞。為什麼你決定這麼做?

INORAN: For these songs, English lyrics fit better to the songs and melodies than Japanese does.
INORAN:比起日文,這些歌曲和旋律剛好比較適合英文詞。

Do you also aim to become better known outside of Japan by using English lyrics?
你是否也打算用英文讓海外的人更容易懂你的歌?

INORAN: Yes. Last year, when LUNA SEA revived and held a world tour, we delivered our music to the people of the world, which was awesome. This made an impression on me and so I decided that I also wanted to deliver my own music to the world too.
INORAN:對!去年LUNA SEA再始動也舉辦了世界巡迴,我們把我們的音樂傳遞到全世界,真的很棒。這讓我印象深刻,所以我也決定,我也要傳遞我自己的音樂到全世界。

How was Hide and Seek created?
Hide and Seek是怎麼產生的?

INORAN: I’m friends with Taka Hirose, the bassist of the famous British band Feeder. We met this year at Fuji Rock where we played together. Then, we did a jam session together and this song was made, kind of on impulse.
INORAN:我跟在英國知名的樂團FeederTaka是朋友。我們今年在FUJI ROCK有一起演出。然後我們一起即興演奏,一時興起下產生的。

What is the meaning of the title Hide and Seek, what does it refer to?
Hide and Seek是什麼意思?有依據什麼嗎?

INORAN: First of all the title comes from the children's game. In human life, everything keeps changing, but you can always find something. The game of hide and seek is like human nature, human life. Information, anything and everything going on in life can be hidden but if you seek you might find it. I wanted to express something like this.
INORAN:最初這個標題是源自於小朋友的遊戲。在人生中,每件事情都在改變,但永遠可以找到些什麼。捉迷藏這個遊戲就像人性、 人生似的。

In the song One Big Blue, what message did you want to send?
One Big Blue中你有想傳遞什麼訊息?

INORAN: This song was composed after the earthquake. ‘Blue’ stands for tears and emotion. It’s about how many emotions and many tears come together as one, like rain flowing into a river.
INORAN:這首歌是在地震後完成的,”BLUE”代表眼淚和情感。這是關於很多的情感和很多的眼淚匯集在一起,就像雨水匯流成河般。

You didn’t write the lyrics to Santa Ana Afternoon yourself. Why did you choose these lyrics?
Santa Ana Afternoon 不是你自己寫的詞,為什麼要選這個歌詞?(看來記者沒做功課….)

INORAN: It’s actually a cover, the original is by a German artist called Graciella Maria. This year, after I released my album Teardrop, I went on tour. Before the tour I found this song on YouTube and during the tour I decided to cover it live.
INORAN:這是一首COVER歌,原唱是德國人-Graciella Maria(注:其實是墨西哥….大王也….XD) 今年在發行TEARDROP後,也進行了巡迴。在巡迴之前我在水管上看到這首歌,就我決定在LIVECOVER

The style of the song Joshua is quite different from the others as it is much softer. Was this style change on purpose or was it coincidental?
Joshua的類型跟其他歌曲很不一樣,聽起來很溫柔。是特意安排的嗎?還是只是巧合?

INORAN: This song is a little different. Last year after the LUNA SEA show in Los Angeles I went to hold a solo photo shoot and saw the most beautiful sky. It was like one of the best skies I had ever seen in my life. I wanted to make a song about it and therefore it is different from the other songs on the single.
INORAN:這首歌有點不一樣。去年LUNA SEA舉行完LA的表演後的時間,我去拍了個人的照片,看到了這片最美麗的星空。是我人生中看過最美的天空。我想為它做首歌,這是和其他歌不同的地方。

For this single you worked together with the bassist of the English band Feeder, and before that you worked with Ken Lloyd who is half-English. What attracts you to England and its musicians?
為了這張單曲,你和英國的樂團Feeder合作,在那之前你曾和半個英國人Ken Lloyd合作。是什麼吸引你注意到英國和英國的樂手?
注:Ken是英日混血。

INORAN: Actually it’s accidental that I worked with English musicians. I'm Japanese but British music has something that the Japanese music doesn't have. The atmosphere is different. It’s often dark and this atmosphere and emotion fits me better than that of music from the United States.
INORAN:事實上,和英國的音樂人合作是意外。我是日本人但英國的音樂必定有一些日本人所沒有的東西。氛圍不同,英國的音樂通常比較陰鬱,這樣的氛圍和情感比起美國音樂更適合我。

In September, you re-released your first album Sou. Why did you decide to do so?
9月的時候,你重發了你的第一章專輯,為什麼決定這麼做?

INORAN: Next year is my fifteenth anniversary as a solo-artist. This first album was already out of stock, so before the anniversary it was decided to re-release the album. It was first released in 1997, and at that time the album was quite different from LUNA SEA’s music, or from rock music generally. It was dark, abstract and such. At that time this kind of music was not yet popular in Japan, and the songs haven’t gotten old so you can still listen to it.
INORAN:明年是我個人活動的第15年,第一張專輯已經沒有庫存了,所以在週年之前才決定再發行。這張專輯是在1997年發行的,在當時跟LUNA SEA的音樂或是一般的搖滾樂有相當大的不同。聽起來比較黑暗、抽象。那時候這類型的音樂在日本還不流行,但這些歌也還沒變老、過時,你還是可以(在這個時空下)聆聽。

Sou was your first album, but you didn’t sing on it yourself, you used female vocalists instead. Why did you choose this?
想是你的第一張專輯,但你並沒有自己唱,反而用了很多女性的聲音,為什麼要這麼選擇呢?

INORAN: Sou was my first album, and I decided to bring together my favorite things on it. I love female vocals so that’s why I chose that.
INORAN:想是我的第一張專輯,我決定把我最喜歡的東西一起放進去。我喜歡女聲,所以就選了。

In the beginning, was it hard for you to get used to singing seeing as you are mainly a guitarist?
一開始,對你來說唱歌是不是很難?因為你主要還是個吉他手。

INORAN: Both my guitar and vocal skills keep improving at their own pace. When I become better as a guitarist, I also become better as a vocalist. I enjoy both a lot, but because my career as a guitarist is longer than as a vocalist, the gap between the two doesn’t get smaller.
INORAN:我的吉他和歌聲技巧同時以各自的速度進步著。當我變成一個更好的吉他手的時候,我也同時會變成一個更好的主唱。兩者都很享受其中,但因為我主要身為吉他手的時間比主唱久,所以這兩者之間的差距不會變得更小。

When do you feel most comfortable on stage, as a guitarist part of a band, or as a singer and front-man?
你在舞臺上什麼時候覺得比較舒適自在,當樂團吉他手的時候或是站在前方當主唱的時候?

INORAN: I feel comfortable in both situations. Playing live is about creating an atmosphere with the audience and that’s most important to me.
INORAN:兩種狀況都很舒適自在。開LIVE就像是和觀眾一起製造一種氛圍,這對我來說才是最重要的。

Next to being a musician, you also design jewelry and clothing. What do you enjoy about this and what inspires you?
在音樂人之後,你也設計飾品跟服飾。是什麼讓你樂在其中?你的靈感來源是什麼?

INORAN: I think music and fashion are very strongly connected. Designing and collaborating with designers is a very interesting experience for me. When designing, I am inspired by humans, such as their emotions.
INORAN:我覺得音樂和時尚有很強大的關連。設計以及和設計師合作對我來說都是很有趣的經驗。設計的時候,我的靈感來自人,像是他們的情感等。

What are your plans for the future?
你未來的計畫是什麼?

INORAN: In November, I will embark on the Hide and Seek tour in Japan. After the tour, I will start to record again. Next year I’m planning to do a European tour around April and I’m also planning a tour in Asia.
INORAN11月,我會著手於日本Hide and Seek的巡迴,我也會開始錄音。明年我計劃在四月左右開始歐洲巡迴,還有亞洲巡迴。

Earlier you mentioned your fifteenth anniversary as a solo-artist, what are your plans for this?
稍早你曾提到你的個人活動15周年,對此你有什麼計劃嗎?

INORAN: I want to create the best album I’ve ever made in my career. I want to spread my music to as many people as possible, to reach as many people as possible with this album and that is a celebration for me already.
INORAN:我要去做我職涯裡最棒的專輯。也要把我的音樂盡量的推廣給更多的人,盡可能的讓這張專輯讓更多人聽到,這就算是為自己慶祝了!

So for your European tour, where would you like to go?
到目前為止你的歐洲巡迴計畫,你有想去哪些地方?

INORAN: We’re still planning the tour, but I want to go to many countries. Maybe I’ll go to France, Germany, Sweden and as many other countries as possible.
INORAN:我們還在規劃,但我想去很多國家。也許會去法國、德國、瑞士,和很多其他國家,如果可以的話。

Finally, please give a message to our readers.
最後,請留言給讀者。

INORAN: I know many people all over the world that support LUNA SEA and I’m very happy about that. Next, as a solo-musician I also want to deliver my music to the world. So please listen.
INORAN:我知道世界上有很多人支持LUNA SEA,我很開心。下次,身為個人活動的音樂人,我也要把我的音樂傳遞到全世界。請務必聽聽看!

Thank you very much for the interview.
感謝您接受訪問。

JaME would like to thank INORAN, Backstage Project inc. and Takeshi Asai for making this interview possible.

0 意見: